In our Adult Bible Fellowships we learned in our Study in Revelation that:
- Revelation chapters 1-3 described the situation in John’s day and chapters 4-22 describe days in the future.
- Letters to the churches were real letters to real churches that reveal to us what God cares about.
- Church in Ephesus (Misplaced worship)
- Church in Smyrna (Hold fast in hard times)
- Church in Pergamum (False teaching)
- Church in Thyatira (Compromise)
- Church in Sardis (Laziness)
- Church in Philadelphia (Keep going)
- Church in Laodicea (Complacency)
- Main Themes in Revelation
- Importance of the Prayers of the saints.
- Preservation of the saints by God.
- Spiritual battle.
- Judgment of God.
- Glory the Heaven
- Preeminence of Christ
So in preparation for the next lesson of Revelation please read the passage listed below and think about the following discussion questions.
- Hows does this chapter portray the cohesiveness of God’s redemptive plan?
- What about this text helps you have a sense of urgency about the gospel message?
- What about this text reassures you regarding the certainty and accuracy of the message?
- How do the warnings help you approach God’s word?
Pray that God’s living and active word would help us cultivate a greater love for Him and heed the words of this portion of scripture. Rev 1:3
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.