In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in Revelation the structure of the text after Rev 4:1 to be as follows:
- 4:1-5:14 Praise for the creator and redeemer
Main Story Line
- 6:1-17 6 Seals
- 8:1-9:21 7th Seal (6 of the Trumpet Judgments)
- 11:15-19 7th Trumpet
- 15:1-16:21 7 Bowl Judgments
- 19:1-21 Bodily return of Christ
- 20:1-10 Millennial period where Satan is bound
- 20:11-15 Final Judgment of God
- 21:1-22:9 Eternal State
- 22:10-21 Final Exhortation
Backstory Sections (Interludes)
- 7:1-17 God seals 144,000 but comforts all tribulation martyrs
- 10:1-11:14 The little book and the two witnesses
- 12:1-14:20 The players in the tribulation and their desires
- 17:1-18:24 The political and economic juggernaut collapses
So in preparation for the next lesson of Revelation please read the passage listed below and think about the following discussion questions.
- What are some of the characteristics of “Babylon” you observe?
- How do these chapters help you get an overview of the whole tribulation?
- Consider the patience of God in light of the depth of sinfulness described…How does God being patient glorify Himself and help us?
Pray that God’s living and active word would help us cultivate a greater love for Him and heed the words of this portion of scripture. Rev 1:3
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.