In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in Revelation that:
- We are to read Revelation as a complete narrative.
- The book was written to give hope, comfort, and purpose to persevere.
- Jesus is the Hero of the book.
We also observed the first 4 churches…
- Church at Ephesus (The church of misplaced worship) They did a lot … However, they were not focused on their love for Christ (Matt 22:37-40)
- Church at Smyrna (The church of strength) No word of criticism is given to this church. Instead, it was a message of “stay strong,” “be courageous.”
- Church at Pergamum (The church of false teaching) This letter is much more serious. There are good points for sure and part of the challenge is that they live in the dwelling of Satan. But some them were accepting things like eating meat offered to idols and sexual immorality.
- Church at Thyatira (The church of compromise) Very similar to the church of Pergamum
So in preparation for the next lesson of Revelation please read the section listed below and think about the following discussion questions.
- What description of Christ was included for each of the last 3 churches?
- What was each church commended for & criticized for?
- What were the instructions to each church? What were the consequences/reward for disobedience/obedience?
- How does that message apply to us?
Pray that God’s living and active word would help us cultivate a greater love for Him and others as we study His word together.
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.