In our Adult Bible Fellowships we learned in our Study in Revelation that:
#1, Heaven rejoices at the salvation of God’s people and the judgment of God on those who rebel (vv. 1-6)
#2. Heaven rejoices at the wedding of Christ and the church
#3 Blessedness is highlighted even throughout the tribulation
- 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads and hears this prophecy and does the things written in it.
- 14:13 Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on because they find rest from their work.
- 16:15 Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.
- 19:9 Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb
We also learned that idol worship can happen anywhere at any time as John even while seeing the glory of heaven began to worship another bondservant and was corrected. cf. Rev 19:10
So in preparation for the next lesson of Revelation please read the passage listed below and think about the following discussion questions.
- What about Christ’s appearance stands out to you most and why?
- What about Christ is different from how he is portrayed earlier in scripture. What is the same?
- How does God revealing this picture of the end times and the return of Christ help you live for the Lord now?
Pray that God’s living and active word would help us cultivate a greater love for Him and heed the words of this portion of scripture. Rev 1:3
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.