In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in our Study of 1 Samuel the Lord protected David as David again restrained himself from striking Saul. We also learn that even with our best efforts we cannot protect ourselves, and we should focus instead on worship than on our safety or satisfaction. cf. Ps 63
- Focus on the revealed will of God in scripture so you apply what you know instead of focusing on unknown outcomes.
- Trust that worship & reverence of God is our greatest protection and satisfaction.
- Seek to be a part of what God is doing rather than focusing on your own agenda.
1 Samuel 27 – Philistine Friends
In preparation for our lesson on Sunday please read the section listed above and observe what stands out to you in the narrative. Is there anything that seems missing?
Also, please think about the following discussion questions:
- What are some things we say to ourselves…that we speak into our hearts, that often lead us toward other deliverers than the Lord?
- What are some things we can say to ourselves to reverence the Lord?
- How is God the Hero in 1 Samuel and in your life?
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.