In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in our Study of 1 Samuel The Lord restrained David from bloodshed, with a wise & humble Abigail. David continues to wait for the kingdom and the Lord’s vengeance.
- Thank God for the times he restrained you from foolishness
- Remember it honors the Lord to return good for evil (Rom 12:21) and leave vengeance in His hands (Deu 32:35).
- Trust that the Lord will bring consequences on the wicked and foolish…Humble yourself so that he will exult you at the proper time.
1 Samuel 26 – God’s Point
In preparation for our lesson on Sunday please read the section listed above and observe what stands out to you in the narrative.
Also, please think about the following discussion questions:
- Is there anything in the text that indicates David learned something from the Nabal episode of the previous chapter?
- When someone hurts you, there are a lot of things you do not know, but there are a lot of things you do know. What are some of the things you know that you can focus on?
- What are some ways we can reverence the Lord, and let worship be our greatest protection?
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.