In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in our Study of 1 Samuel that God is sovereignly protecting and guiding David, and providing lasting encouragement. Also we learned:
- Be prepared to give and receive biblical encouragement that focuses on the character of God and His promises so that you will provide help beyond your presence.
- Remember God delivers in ways that are unexpected so that we will trust him as our help even when we experience trials and opposition.
- What do you “hold in your hand” each day that you trust will protect you? Is it truth about God?
1 Samuel 24– God’s Anointed
In preparation for our lesson on Sunday please read the section listed above and observe what stands out to you in the narrative.
Also, please think about the following discussion questions:
- How do you see David functioning as a man after God’s own heart? How does David reverence the Lord?
- Do we ever think “God is giving this to me” instead of stopping and thinking if this is really an opportunity to reverence God?
- What are the challenges with not trying to control things or take matters into your own hand? What are some practical steps to take to grow in trusting God and not taking matters into your own hands?
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.