In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in our Study of 1 Samuel that security is found in the covenantal love of God. God’s steadfast love is reliable in times of trouble as it flows out of the character of our God. When we find our security in the nature of God, we can then model that love in our relationships.
- When you need security in uncertain times, go to the one you have a covenant with as you know He will treat you with lovingkindness.
- Model God’s covenantal love in your relationships based on the character God is developing in you, not if people deserve it.
- Let the peace you have with God through Christ help you go through tribulations and trust the Lord.
1 Samuel 21-22– David’s Desperation & God’s Guidance
In preparation for our lesson on Sunday please read the section listed above and observe what stands out to you in the narrative. Even though God is not mentioned, how do you see God working in Chapter 21? How do you see God’s faithfulness in these chapters?
Also, please think about the following discussion questions:
- What sort of people gather around David and how do you see David’s growth as a leader?
- How does recognizing your own weakness and neediness help you minister to others?
- What do you learn from vs 13-15 reguarding how Saul views inquiring of the Lord and How David inquired of the Lord?
- What about the way the text described the destruction of Nob reminds you of earlier events in 1 Samuel?
Extra Credit: Consider how David cried out to the Lord in His time of need and how that shaped his view of God and his circumstances Psalm 34, 56.
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.