In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in our Study of 1 Samuel that God’s people struggle with: Idolatry, being set apart (Holy) for God’s special purpose, and also listening to wisdom. But God is the Hero. He provides, equips and assure His people even when His people don’t initially see how He is working…some take aways from last week.
- Our Idolatry can be very logical, but at the core it is not trusting God.
- God’s grace may at times be shown in Him not answering our prayer.
- God is the Hero, and He will be set apart, and He will set His people apart.
- God works in ways we don’t always see to provide for us, equip us, assure us, and empower us with the end Goal that we might obey His word out of love and trust.
1 Samuel 10:17-11:15 – Saul, God’s choice leads to deliverance and kingdom renewal.
In preparation for our lesson on Sunday please read the section listed above and make note what stands out to you in the narrative. Also reading Judges 20 and Josh 3-4 will help one see how significant God’s choice is in light of Israel’s History.
Also, please think about the following discussion questions.
- How does what you learn about God impact you? The nature of His word, His manner of choosing, and How much He is needed.
- How do you see arrogance personified in the Ammonites?
- How do you see the impact of Spirit of The Lord equipping Saul to lead?
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.