The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, June 26. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Teaches the Parable of the Sower
Passage: Matthew 13:1–23
Principle: People respond differently to the sowing of God’s Word.
Praise: “Lord, I Lift Your Name on High”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What are the different soils, and what does each represent?
- What does it mean to have ears but not be able to hear?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By praising God for eyes to see and ears to hear His Word.
- By examining his response to God’s Word.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 13:1–23.
Next Week: Matthew 14:13–21
Memory Verse: …prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. James 1:22*
* Preschool verse in bold print