In our Adult Bible Fellowships we learned in our bible study over the Gospel of Mark that:
- The book of Mark is a biography of Jesus…so it is good to ask what does the author want us to learn about Jesus
- The author writes to Roman Christians who grew up in unbelieving homes without the background of Jewish Customs and Scripture.
- Mark wrote to Christians in Rome to encourage and strengthen their faith.
Mark speaks to two main questions.
- Who is Jesus? (1:1-8:30)
- What does Jesus expect from those who follow him? (8:31-16:8)
So far we have seen that the Gospel of Mark answers the first question as follows
- Mark 1:1-13 = Jesus is Yahweh, God Himself Come to earth
- Mark 1:14-20 = Jesus is on a mission, to call people to repent and believe in the Gospel.
So in preparation for ABF on Sunday please read the passages listed below and think about the following discussion questions.
- What stands out about Jesus teaching and how does what is emphasized connect to the rest of the passage?
- Think about any lack of details shared…how does that direct your focus?
- Consider why Jesus would silence someone or tell someone not to talk about him.
- Consider how one person’s choices can effect someone else, both positively and negatively.
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.