The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, November 13. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The Church Is Persecuted and the Gospel Spreads
Passage: Acts 8:1–25
Principle: Believers must submit their lives to King Jesus.
Praise: “As the Deer”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did the persecution of the church help the gospel spread?
- What was Simon’s heart problem, and what did Peter tell him to do?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By praising God for the gospel’s spread.
- By examining his heart to see whether he has demonstrated true repentance.
This Week: As a family, read Acts 8:1–25.
Next Week: Acts 8:26–40
Memory Verse: “Therefore bear fruit in keeping with repentance…” Matthew 3:8*
* Preschool verse in bold print