The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, November 6. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The Jews Resist the Holy Spirit
Passage: Acts 6:1–7:60
Principle: Those who trust in Christ receive the Holy Spirit.
Praise: “Change My Heart, O God”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What happened on the day of Pentecost?
- What were the characteristics of those who were saved?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By testifying to Jesus’ death, resurrection, and ascension.
- By sharing with believers who have needs.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Acts 6:1–7:60.
Next Week: Acts 8:1–25
Memory Verse: “Today, if you would hear His voice, do not harden your hearts…” Hebrews 3:15*
* Preschool verse in bold print