In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in Revelation that:
- The Lord rules over the heavens, the Land and the Sea as He is the creator (Rev 10:6). He has also revealed himself to us in His word which is freely available to us. We must trust what God has revealed and trust His wisdom in what he has not revealed to us. (Deut 29:29)
- We also learn that the word of God is sweet and bitter. We can take in truth and love it but it can both be hard to apply in trials as well as challenging to balance rejoicing in our salvation while mourning those who do not know Christ and are not protected from the wrath of God. Both the sweetness and bitterness should lead us to share God’s word with others.
- God will bear witness to Himself…he will use powerful witnesses like we see in Chapter 11, but he also has a myriad of unknown witness who have stood for the Word of God and Christ. (Rev 6:9, 12:17)
So in preparation for the next lesson of Revelation please read the passage listed below and think about the following discussion questions.
- What is helpful about knowing the battle as not ultimately between flesh and blood?
- Think about how David was anointed King, but how it was years before he ruled. How does the Lord reigning now (Ps 103:19) and the Lord return to reign in the future help you be in awe of God.
- How can you put on the armor of God today knowing that you need the armor even though God has won the battle.
Pray that God’s living and active word would help us cultivate a greater love for Him and heed the words of this portion of scripture. Rev 1:3
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.