In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in Revelation that:
- Our worship scene began by offering praise to God as creator and Christ (the lamb) as redeemer.
- The one on the throne had a book with 7 seals and Christ was the only one who could open them.
- With each seal was a further aspect of the wrath of God poured out on mankind.
- We are now in the 7th seal which actually contains all the trumpet and bowl judgments.
- Silence started the 7th seal, but as the trumpets sounded God continues to remove his constraining force on men and on Satan with the result of devastating destruction.
- The population of the world has been reduced by 50%. The sea, the water, the land has all been impacted. This is destruction not seen by men since the day of Noah.
- But in the midst of all the destruction, men refuse to repent.They refuse to acknowledge God as God. They refuse to acknowledge sin.
All this reminds us how desperately man needs a savior and we should be extremely thankful for God rescuing us from His wrath.
So in preparation for the next lesson of Revelation please read the passage listed below and think about the following discussion questions.
- What is sweet and bitter about the word of God?
- What are some of the practices that have helped you learn your bibles better?
- How are you encouraged by God’s witnesses and encouraged to be God’s witness?
Extra Credit: John 21:30,Exodus 34:6-7, Deuteronomy 29:29
Pray that God’s living and active word would help us cultivate a greater love for Him and heed the words of this portion of scripture. Rev 1:3
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.