The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, September 25. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The Resurrection of Jesus Christ
Passage: Matthew 28:1–20
Principle: Believers are called to proclaim the gospel.
Praise: “Holy, Holy, Holy”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why is the resurrection important?
- What was the great commission that Jesus gave His disciples?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By praising God for Christ’s resurrection from the dead.
- By telling others about Christ’s death and resurrection.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 28:1–20.
Next Week: Acts 1:1–11
Memory Verse: “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit…” Matthew 28:19*
* Preschool verse in bold print