The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, September 4. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The Jews’ Response to Jesus
Passage: Matthew 26:1–56
Principle: Jesus is denied or betrayed through sinful attitudes and actions.
Praise: “Lord, I Lift Your Name on High”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How was Jesus rejected and betrayed?
- How did Mary show her love for her Savior?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By demonstrating love for Jesus by obeying Him.
- By acknowledging rejection of Jesus as sin.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 26:1–56.
Next Week: Matthew 26:75–27:26
Memory Verse: The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23*
* Preschool verse in bold print