The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, September 11. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The Trial and Denial of Jesus
Passage: Matthew 26:75–27:26
Principle: Every person is accountable for his response to Jesus Christ.
Praise: “Jesus, Name above All Names”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did people respond to Jesus differently?
- How did Jesus respond to the will of God?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By thanking God for His sovereignty.
- By asking God for help to serve Him completely.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 26:75–27:26.
Next Week: Matthew 27:27–66
Memory Verse: He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5*
* Preschool verse in bold print