The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, September 18. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Endures the Cross
Passage: Matthew 27:27–66
Principle: Jesus should be worshiped because of His sacrifice for sin and provision for eternal life.
Praise: “How Great Thou Art”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What happened on the day that Jesus was crucified?
- Why was the death of Jesus important?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By praising God for Christ’s sacrifice for sin.
- By thanking Jesus for providing eternal life.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 27:27–66.
Next Week: Matthew 28:1–20
Memory Verse: But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8*
* Preschool verse in bold print