The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, July 24. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Is Transfigured
Passage: Matthew 17:1–8
Principle: Jesus’ glory was seen during His transfiguration.
Praise: “Jesus, Name above All Names”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What were the three testimonies to the Son of Man in this chapter?
- What did God the Father reveal about His Son?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By making pleasing Jesus the goal of his every action.
- By listening to Jesus through God’s Word.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 17:1–8.
Next Week: Matthew 19:16–26
Memory Verse: “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him.” Matthew 17:5b*
* Preschool verse in bold print