The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, July 3. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Feeds the Multitude
Passage: Matthew 14:13–21
Principle: The feeding of the multitude demonstrated Jesus’ deity.
Praise: “All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did Jesus ask the disciples to give the people food?
- What does Jesus’ miracle reveal about His person and authority?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By believing in Jesus Christ as God.
- By having compassion on those who need Jesus as Savior and Lord.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 14:13–21.
Next Week: Matthew 14:22–34
Memory Verse: And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19*
* Preschool verse in bold print