The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, July 31. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Confronts the Rich Young Ruler
Passage: Matthew 19:16–26
Principle: Believers are called to count the cost of eternal life and follow Christ.
Praise: “Humble Thyself in the Sight of the Lord”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did the rich young ruler come to Jesus?
- Why did the rich young ruler go away sad?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By not trusting his own good works to please God and get to heaven.
- By asking Christ to reveal anything in his heart that he is unwilling to give up for Him.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 19:16–26.
Next Week: Matthew 20:1–16
Memory Verse: “With people [salvation] is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26b*
* Preschool verse in bold print