The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, January 25. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Ordains the Sacrificial System
Passage: Leviticus 1–7
Principle: God’s holiness requires a sacrifice for sin.
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What types of offerings did the Israelites give to God?
- Why did the Israelites offer sacrifices?
- How was the worshiper forgiven?
- Who is the perfect sacrifice?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By trusting Jesus to take his punishment.
- By living a holy life by obeying parents and leaders.
- By praising God by giving Him the best effort and attitude.
This Week: As a family, read Leviticus 1–7.
Next Week: Leviticus 9:22–10:7
Memory Verses: “…without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.” Hebrews 9:22b