The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, January 11. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Punishes Israel’s Idolatry
Passage: Exodus 32
Principle: God is merciful and patient.
Praise: “Seek Ye First”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What did Aaron make for the Israelites to worship?
- How was God going to punish Israel’s sin?
- Who prayed for the Israelites?
- How did God show mercy to the Israelites?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By asking God for forgiveness of daily sins.
- By thanking God for His specific acts of mercy.
- By praising God for the mercy found in Jesus Christ.
This Week: As a family, read Exodus 32.
Next Week: Exodus 33–34, 40
Memory Verses: “You shall not covet” Exodus 20:17a