The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, January 4. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Ordains the Tabernacle
Passage: Exodus 25–31
Principle: God has made a way for us to dwell with Him.
Praise: “There Is a Redeemer”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What was the purpose of the tabernacle?
- Who was allowed to go into the tabernacle?
- What items were inside the tabernacle?
- What does the tabernacle tell us about God?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By recognizing his sinful condition.
- By worshiping God in an honoring way.
- By praising God that faith in Christ allows God’s Spirit to dwell in men.
This Week: As a family, read Exodus 25–31.
Next Week: Exodus 32
Memory Verses: “You shall not bear false witness…” Exodus 20:16a