The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, April 13. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Endures the Cross
Passage: Matthew 27
Principle: Jesus died for sin, giving access to God.
Praise: “Jesus Paid It All”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Who mocked Jesus?
- What did the soldiers do to Jesus?
- How did Jesus die?
- What happened when Jesus died?
- Why did Jesus die?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By praising Jesus for suffering and dying for sin.
- By trusting Jesus for forgiveness of sin.
- By thanking Jesus for allowing us to come to God.
This Week: As a family, read Matthew 27.
Next Week: Matthew 28
Memory Verse: And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:4).
** Preschool verse in bold print