The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, April 6. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Judas Betrays Jesus
Passage: Matthew 26:1–19, 36–50
Principle: People deny or betray Jesus with sinful attitudes and actions.
Praise: “Lord, I Lift Your Name on High”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Who did and did not reject Jesus?
- How did Judas betray Jesus?
- What did the disciples do in the Garden of Gethsemane?
- What had Jesus asked them to do?
- Why was Jesus sad in the Garden of Gethsemane?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By showing that he loves Jesus by obeying Him.
- By remembering that sin is a rejection of Jesus.
- By thanking Jesus for being faithful even when people reject Him.
This Week: As a family, read Matthew 26:1–19, 36–50.
Next Week: Matthew 27
Memory Verse: But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).
** Preschool verse in bold print