The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, April 20. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Rises from the Dead
Passage: Matthew 28
Principle: Jesus has power over sin and death.
Praise: “Christ the Lord Is Risen Today”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions.
- Who appeared to Mary and Mary when they arrived at Jesus’ tomb?
- Whom did Jesus appear to after His resurrection?
- What did Jesus tell His disciples?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By obeying Jesus as Savior and Lord.
- By singing praise to the risen Savior.
- By telling others about Jesus’ death and resurrection.
This Week: As a family, read Matthew 28.
Next Week: Acts 16:16–40
Memory Verse: For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God (1 Peter 3:18a).
** Preschool verse in bold print