The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, March 11. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Gives the Ten Commandments
Passage: Exodus 20:1–21
Principle: God’s standards are perfect.
Praise: “Holy, Holy, Holy”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What does holy mean?
- Why did God give laws to the Israelites?
- Which commands show love for God?
- Which commands show love for other people?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By loving God more than anything else.
- By turning away from sin.
- By loving other people
This Week: As a family, read Exodus 20:1–21.
Next Week: Matthew 21–23; Zechariah 9:9
Key Verse: Exodus 19:5
“Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine.”