The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, December 28. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Gives the Ten Commandments
Passage: Exodus 20:1–21
Principle: God’s standards are perfect.
Praise: “Holy, Holy, Holy”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What does holy mean?
- Why did God give laws to the Israelites?
- Which commands show love for God?
- Which commands show love for other people?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By loving God more than anything else.
- By turning away from sin.
- By loving other people.
This Week: As a family, read Exodus 20:1–21.
Next Week: Exodus 25–31
Memory Verses: “You shall not steal” Exodus 20:15