The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, January 22. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Prepares Israel for Deliverance
Passage: Exodus 1–2
Principle: God has compassion for His people.
Praise: “There Is a Redeemer”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Did God make Jacob’s family into a great people?
- Why did Pharaoh decide to kill all of the Israelites’ baby boys?
- Whom did God protect?
- Did God hear Israel’s cries?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By trusting God during times of trouble. He does not forget His people.
- By crying out to God for help in times of trouble.
This Week: As a family, read Exodus 1–2.
Next Week: Exodus 3
Key Verse: Exodus 2:24
“So God heard [Israel’s] groaning, and God remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob”