The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, January 8. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Preserves Joseph
Passage: Genesis 37
Principle: God cares for His people.
Praise: “Rejoice in the Lord Always”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Which of his sons did Jacob love the most?
- What dream did Joseph have?
- Why were Joseph’s brothers jealous and angry?
- What did Joseph’s brothers do to him?
- How did God preserve Joseph?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By confessing anger and jealousy.
- By trusting and honoring God even when he has problems with others.
This Week: As a family, read Genesis 37.
Next Week: Genesis 39–50
Key Verse: Genesis 37:8
“And his brothers said to him, ‘Shall you indeed reign over us? Or shall you indeed have dominion over us?’”