One thing that has brought me encouragement during this distance learning has been seeking out things to be thankful for each day. Some days were easy to find things to be thankful for and then other days, well to be honest, I was digging deep trying to think of something. Yet, the Lord in His goodness has graciously helped me see so many blessings amidst a very hard set of circumstances. Here are my top 7 things the Lord has helped me find thankfulness and grace in:
- God’s sovereignty- I was reminded that God holds the map and He has gone before me. All I need to do is trust God and remind myself that this is for my good and His glory.
- FCS parents- You ROCK!!! I am so thankful for supportive, hard working parents who have put in the long hours and countless Genius Scans to help make their child’s E-learning a success.
- Technology- I have never really been a “techy” teacher and I am thankful for the countless ways to connect with students and parents from home. E-learning has definitely stretched me in this area and I am thankful for the new tools I have learned to use and will continue to implement in the future.
- Sunshine- Everything just seems better when it is sunny outside. I am thankful for the ability to take walks, work in the yard, and soak up some Vitamin D.
- Sweet smiles of my second graders- Boy, do these kiddos know how to brighten my day! They can smile even when circumstances would say otherwise. They are resilient!
- Extra time with my family- I will never get this time back and it has been so precious.
- FCS Administration- Mr. Grass and all the principals have done an excellent job leading our school as well as encouraging and supporting us.
Above all, God continues to be faithful and He continues to prove His character and keep His promises.
2 Corinthians 1:20- “ For all the promises of God find their Yes in Him. That is why it is through Him that we utter our Amen to God for His glory.”
Second grade teacher