Scott Grass / Superintendent
Hi parents! Thanks for taking a little time out of your busy schedules to join us tonight. I appreciate the opportunity to share some updates and vision of Faith Christian School with you during this time together.
Have you noticed that we live in a society that is characterized by being critical, complaining, and generally negative in general? It’s easy to get caught up in that and as a result become cynical yourself. One of my favorite authors lately is Jon Gordon, and in one of his books he encourages his readers to make it a practice to take “thank you” walks to practice gratitude, enjoy the surroundings, and feel grateful instead of being stressed. I’ve started to incorporate this practice on a daily basis and I wanted to share some of the blessings that I see at Faith Christian:
- I see teachers and staff who care deeply for their students!
- I see resources, facilities, and equipment being used to help educate our students and help provide a great program here at FCS.
- I see students helping each other and being good friends.
- I interact with local pastors and church leaders and see partnership and friendships being strengthened between churches and FCS.
- I see international students interacting with national students and providing a deeper understanding of different cultures.
- I see our Special Needs program doing great things in strengthening our students and providing them special services and support.
- I see a staff who desires continued growth and wanting the very best for our students.
I’m thankful and grateful for all of our parents and all of our families – who faithfully and sacrificially support Faith Christian School. Thank you for all you do!
The future of Faith Christian School is before us – and we are so excited about the future!
- We are anticipating our building renovation and expansion project!
- 5 new elementary classrooms!
- A dedicated band room
- Enhanced security measures and school reception area.
- We are also planning a lot of changes and growth in our Athletic Program!
- We view our Fine Arts and Athletic Programs as the Front Porch of our school!
- We want to get better and we plan to put a significant amount of time, energy, and resources into our Athletic Program in the coming days!
- Excited for the future and we are seeking to take some important and measured steps!
- Our Academic Program is going to be on the receiving end of a lot of new and exciting development and resources!
- We plan to announce a new “Excellence in Academics” program in the coming months.
- With the advancements in technology – we will be able to offer more and more class offerings and support to our students.
- We also believe that we can stretch our high ability students more effectively and also continue to support our students
- Lately, I’ve also been challenged with a commitment to be Christ-focused in everything that we do! And so, we are going to seek ways to be Christ-centered in our classes, our teaching, our philosophy – and literally every component of our program here at Faith Christian. This includes:
- Continuing to hire teachers and coaches who are growing in their love for Jesus and for their students.
- It’s seeking ways to bring the gospel into our teaching, our daily interactions with students, and in how we communicate with others.
- It’s being committed to having excellent chapels, speakers, Bible classes, etc.
- We desire to be “unashamedly” Christian in everything that we do and we want to remain committed to this mission and this focus!
- We plan to announce a new “Excellence in Academics” program in the coming months.
I’m thankful for the ministry of Faith Christian School in my own life and family. My wife Debbie and I have 3 children who have all graduated from FCS – and who have reaped many of the opportunities that our students have on a daily basis. The opportunity to be taught and to be coached by men and women who love the Lord and who are outstanding teachers. The opportunity to be in positions to “live out their faith” whether it’s on the athletic field or out in the community serving others. The wonderful blessing of having friends – who strengthen them and who serve as good encouragers, in their walk with Christ and through their actions.
I’m thankful for every family that we have the opportunity to partner with! I realize that each one of you “CHOOSE” to send your children to Faith Christian – and I trust that we will continue to be your 1st Choice again in the future! I’m encouraged about our future – we have a lot of goals that we hope to achieve and I trust that the Lord will be at the center of our plans and dreams!
Thanks for joining us tonight! Please join us for a GREATER future and let’s pray together that the Lord will be magnified and glorified in our combined efforts.
Jonathan Lambeth / Elementary Principal
As we follow our theme of “Greater” this year along with the Fruit of the Spirit, we are currently focusing on Greater Faithfulness. God has certainly been demonstrating His faithfulness this year in clear ways. He also calls all of us to be faithful. Humanly speaking, that is made easier by the dedication of our teachers, your partnership and support, and the joy of seeing your children grow and learn.
We currently have 260 elementary students in 13 classes—we were able to add a third kindergarten section this year! Early in the school year, our 5th graders enjoyed their overnight retreat at Camp Tecumseh learning about Foundations for Success. That trip depends heavily on solid parent leadership, and this year was one of the best.
Our monthly character qualities and theme verses have strengthened the focus and impact of our chapels school-wide. We welcomed hundreds of guests for Grandparents Day to build relationships and build “Greater Faith.” Our Veterans Day Chapel and Thanksgiving Chapel helped us teach children to honor and thank persons God has provided who sacrifice for us and care for us.
We continued to establish or extend elementary clubs this year with the Lego Club and with a pilot Chess club. Parent engagement is a key to sustaining opportunities like these. Some of our upper elementary teachers are also able to provide regularly scheduled “homework or help” sessions, and the after school care program enjoys occasional special activity days like science day.
Two highlights of our Reading Extravaganza this year were the increased amount of READING that took place with reading buddies and school-wide reading times, plus the unique opportunity to have a live video call and orca demonstration with educators and animal trainers at Sea World Orlando.
Lynn Heusinger / High School Principal
We have been blessed with a very good first semester in our Middle school and High school. Our staff is one of the best we have ever had and they work exceptionally hard to reach the hearts of your young people.
This year we have tried to emphasize key character traits throughout the student body by highlighting one fruit of the Spirit each month and using that as our theme in our chapels, in our classes, as well as our day-to-day activities. Our middle school has even decorated their homeroom doors to go along with each theme.
We are excited for the new technology enhancements in our classrooms, along with two new computer carts that are being put to good use in our middle school classes. This has freed up more time for the elementary to use our computer labs and thereby add to their academic programs. The Indiana Department of Education has also approved us for E Learning days, which has helped us to make special arrangements for classes to continue at home in the event of a school cancellation because of inclement weather.
We thank the Lord for the privilege of partnering together with you to help train and equip your children to live effectively in God’s world and we look forward to what the Lord will do in the months ahead.
Denny Vauters / Recruiting Director
We have had a full and busy first semester. And this current spring semester is absolutely chock full of fun learning and growing activities in all areas of Faith Christian School. There is always a lot going on at Faith Christian School and that is because we are committed to providing opportunities for students of all levels to participate in many aspects of growing into the person God has called them to be.
As we look ahead, that mission – helping students develop patterns of pursuing Christ in every aspect of their life – will infuse every subject, every day, every trip, every project, every single aspect of our school will be built to help students live effectively in God’s world.
One student recently shared with me her perspective of FCS.
“ As a student athlete, Christ has shown me the impact of his love and the way it infiltrates every aspect of our lives. When someone asked me why Faith, I began to consider all the good things that come from attending this school such as strong academics, the ability to play multiple sports, and weekly chapels and daily bible classes. But when it came down to the real answer, I would choose Faith for reasons deeper than the surface. I would say the incorporation of Christ into every aspect of life, the friendships centered around Christ, and the constant accountability which is offered, are the reasons why my family and I keep saying yes to Faith.”
Our world is changing fast. Which means our school will need to change quickly in order to properly prepare students for their future. We are adding on to our building, we are adding academic programs to better serve students at every level. One thing that won’t change is our commitment to partnering with parents to produce students who follow Christ, are academically prepared for the next step, and have the character necessary to succeed. We embrace the opportunity to get better at what we do, by providing more programs for our students, continually develop our staff so they are well positioned to equip students, and define and communicate our mission to ensure all school families are heading with us in the right direction.
We are making concrete plans for the next five years. The future at FCS is bright, we are grateful you are a part of our future.