Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to join us for a “State of the School Address”. Overall, we have enjoyed a wonderful year so far! I’m thankful for the Lord’s faithfulness and His goodness. I wanted to share a few highlights of our 1st Semester…
Highlights of 1st Semester
- We are blessed with a wonderful Senior Class this year and I’m very thankful for each one of them! Year started with taking our senior class on their annual Leadership Retreat – – helps set the tone in serving others and setting goals for the coming year!
- We are enjoying full preschool ministries and looking for ways to expand our reach
- The Lord allowed us to have a successful Technology rollout earlier this fall.
- Thankful for 2 Bus Routes.
- Blessed with a great Grandparents Day
- Encouraged by our Faith Girls Soccer Team’s road to semi-state
- We had a really fun Eagle Auction this year and the Lord blessed us with over $70,000 of support.
- Our elementary classes have enjoyed some fun field trips and experiences at Camp Tecumseh, Conner Prairie, and some local businesses and service providers.
- We enjoyed some special and unique chapels as a school family through our Veterans Day and school Thanksgiving Chapels.
- Our students continue to be an amazing blessing to Hope Christian School as the Lord allowed us to raise nearly $2,500 for the students and staff at this special school in Masaka, Uganda.
- Our Fine Arts Department had a lot of fun in October, November, and December – through Art Galleries, Concerts, Ministry Tour, Parades, and Presentations. I’m so thankful for our Fine Arts Department and the students who continue to use their gifts and abilities for the Lord.
- Starting off the 2nd Semester – the Lord blessed us with a tremendous Reading Extravaganza and J Term program. Our students really enjoy coming back from Christmas Break to this unique week. We also had a group of 13 students and 4 chaperones travel to Germany. We are excited that our students have the opportunity to experience different cultures and minister around the globe for the Kingdom of God.
- We were also able to enjoy Spiritual Emphasis Week last week and many of our students and staff were positively impacted by God’s Truth and Grace.
- Overall, I would say that we have enjoyed a very positive and rewarding 1st semester. I want to thank you for your prayers, your support, and your encouragement.
As we enter the month of February, every family faces various questions, opportunities, and decisions about attending Faith Christian School for the upcoming school year.
- As many of you are well aware – the cost of running a quality Christian School continues to rise:
- From our perspective, running a Christian elementary and secondary school is a big endeavor – but we are encouraged as we serve a Big God!
- Again, thank you for your support and your faithfulness!
- I know that sending your child to Faith Christian requires a commitment, a sacrifice, and I trust that hopefully also receive a blessing from this investment.
- I don’t take this partnership for granted!
- I want you to know that we view every student as a gift from God, and we want to continue to effectively partner with parents to help students live effectively in God’s world.
- The answers to these questions are very important to our planning efforts.
- There are several competing variables that we face:
- We desire to continue to offer an excellent, Christ-centered education!
- This takes resources…
- We want our facilities and our programs to be A+.
- Again, this takes resources….
- We also want to pay and support our faculty and staff a livable wage.
- We also want to be in a position to continue to add to and improve our existing programs, classes, and offerings.
- So…there’s this Natural Tension that we face each year, and we try to run our budget very lean. We seek to keep our tuition affordable and yet address the above factors in a practical way.
We will be posting our tuition rates for next year by January 27th.
- A lot of time, effort, and prayer has gone into our budget planning for next year!
- I believe that our increases in tuition is in-line with our goals and plans for the future.
- I also want to share some of our future goals and plans that we plan to implement next year – with God’s direction and blessing.
- I think it is important for every family to know – “where we are going” and what our future goals consist of.
- I want to highlight several of these initiatives.
- Our enrollment goal is 605 students – that would be up 25 students from where we currently are.
- In efforts to reach that goal…
- Information Nights at local churches, various community centers, etc.
- Consider additional bus routes for next year or other transportation plans.
- Implement an effective “word of mouth” campaign with our constituents
- We’ve taken some steps this year, but we really want to focus on growing our Alumni Association next year.
- Along with the next year’s enrollment information – each family will also receive our specific goals and initiatives for next year!
- We want to continue to plan for a building expansion program.
- We want to develop and expand our technology
- Expand several programs and enhance our curriculum in various subjects.
- You received a letter from me a couple of weeks ago highlighting some of our plans and goals to strengthen our Athletic Program.
- We also want to continue to strengthen, develop, and enhance our relationship with parents and families – and we seek to look for practical and specific ways to accomplish this initiative.
- I want to especially ask each of you to PLAN NOW TO ATTEND OUR FRIENDSHIP BANQUET ON FRIDAY, MARCH 11TH!
- It’s going to be a GREAT Celebration
- WE – as a school family – hope to celebrate the legacy of privilege of Christian Education!
- We NEED ALL OF OUR FAMILIES TO ATTEND – – why wouldn’t you??
- I need you to take this whole topic very seriously.
- There are those that would love to see Christian Education end.
- If we’re not careful, we can develop an entitlement approach and then we’re surprised when it’s taken away.
- We have some significant projects that need your help and so far there hasn’t been a lot of participation:
- Gym Project
- Sidewalk Project
- My fear is that sometimes I think that many folks can take this for granted, that it will always be like this, that it’s a given…
- I want to see Christian Education continue for years to come at FCS – – do you?
- The topic of future sustainability is very important to me – and I especially hope to every family at Faith!
- Granted – these require sacrificial giving – but ultimately we’re talking about helping FCS to fund Christian Education
- Many of the initiatives that I just highlighted are really exciting and will make our school stronger – – but there IS a cost!
- Are you excited about a possible building expansion project? Are you interested in addressing building safety concerns?
- If so, are you also willing to shoulder the costs that are associated with these improvements?
- I truly believe – that many of the best things in this life are associated with hard work, discipline, faithfulness, and commitment…
- And so it is with these initiatives.
- Would you please consider strongly to help us to financially fund our gym expansion project?
- We are about $50,000 away from making this a reality
- It’s time – the gym is tired!
- Will you help us??
- What about some of these other projects for the future of FCS?
- Times like this call for prayer, consideration, and action!
As I said earlier
- I value each family here at FCS!
- Your children are a blessing to us and we love each of you very much.
- I’m thankful for the 70+ churches that are represented at FCS
- I’m thankful for the freedom that we share in Christian Education
- I’m committed to continue to push our programs to be among the very best
- I believe that our future is very bright and that we have a lot of wonderful opportunities in front of us!
Here’s A Few Final Action Steps To Consider:
- In an effort to help us effectively plan – – Parents who do Re-enroll their student(s) are committing themselves to be financially responsible for at least 1 semester’s tuition:
- Please re-enroll if you’re for certain that you will honor this commitment…
- Now, we realize that occasionally things might change – –
- Unless there is a loss of job or income – – OR – –
- There is a physical move from the Greater Lafayette Community
- If you have questions or concerns – – please set up a time for us to talk
- If finances are a concern – – please set up an appointment to meet with me and we are dedicated to working with all of our families in order for them to participate in Christian Education
- Meeting with parents and communicating – is a really important aspect of strengthening our partnership together!
- Please plan to Re-enroll for Next School Year:
- Re-enrollment begins on February 1.
- Information will be published starting on January 27
- Our re-enrollment goal is 90%
- We’d love to have you return!
- Would you pray for FCS – for the remainder of this school year and our future?
- Please rejoice with us – with the many, many blessings that the Lord has given to us!
- Let’s continue to be thankful and grateful for the Lord’s faithfulness and His Grace.
- Pray about a Financial Gift to FCS for some of the projects that I outlined earlier.
- Plan to attend the Friendship Banquet on March 11th.
Thank you for taking time out of your evening to join us tonight. I trust that the information was helpful, and I hope that you know a little more of my heart and my goals to see Faith Christian School be a school where Christ is honored and that our students are prepared effectively to live in God’s world!