In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in Revelation that:
- Our battle is not against flesh and blood and we get a glimpse the spiritual battle in the heavenly places. (Eph 6:11-17)
- Rev. 12 brings these spiritual forces out of the darkness and exposes them, and foreshadows the Lord’s victory.
- Even thought God wins, we are to put on the full armor of God and recognize the battle is not simply against what I desire in my heart or against other people, but there is a non-seen spiritual reality that wants to devour me that I need God’s help and protection for. (1 Peter 5:8)
So in preparation for the next lesson of Revelation please read the passage listed below and think about the following discussion questions.
- What stands out to you how the beast from the sea is characterized? The beast from the earth?
- Think about How satan can only corrupt that which is good…think about that as you contrast the lamb who was slain (Rev 5:5) with the beast that is slain.
- How can you cultivate a proper response as you consider the full strength of the Wrath of God?
Pray that God’s living and active word would help us cultivate a greater love for Him and heed the words of this portion of scripture. Rev 1:3
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.