The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, August 28. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Teaches the Parable of the Talents
Passage: Matthew 25:14–30
Principle: God gave believers gifts to faithfully further His kingdom.
Praise: “I Surrender All”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why was the master happy with the servants who earned more talents?
- What kind of servant is Jesus looking for?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By naming some blessings that God has given to be used for His glory.
- By rejoicing that God rewards faithfulness.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 25:14–30.
Next Week: Matthew 27:27–66
Memory Verse: …it is required in stewards that they be found faithful. 1 Corinthians 4:2*
* Preschool verse in bold print