The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, August 14. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus’ Triumphal Entry
Passage: Matthew 21:1–11
Principle: Jesus is worthy of praise and obedience.
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did Jesus ride into Jerusalem on a colt?
- What were the crowds shouting as Jesus entered Jerusalem?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By rejoicing that Jesus is the Son of David.
- By obeying Jesus as King in every area of life.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 21:1–11.
Next Week: Matthew 21:33–46
Memory Verse: But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12*
* Preschool verse in bold print