The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, August 7. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Teaches the Parables of the Laborers
Passage: Matthew 20:1–16
Principle: God demonstrates His sovereign grace to whomever He chooses.
Praise: “O Worship the King”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did the laborers who worked the longest complain?
- What does the parable of the laborers reveal about God?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By never being jealous of God’s grace.
- By remembering that God is sovereign over whom He saves and rewards.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 20:1–16.
Next Week: Matthew 21:1–11
Memory Verse: “So the last will be first and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen.” Matthew 20:16*
* Preschool verse in bold print