In our Adult Bible Fellowships this past week we learned that helping others is not about you. It’s about others, because helping others is ultimately about Christ.
- In what ways do I tend to be self-seeking in how I help other people?
- Is there a relationship with someone right now that is hindered by the selfish way that I am seeking to help?
Memory Verse: Matthew 9:36-38
Acts 3:1-11 – Helping others is about Not Hurting
In preparation for our lesson on Sunday please read the section listed above and observe what stands out to you in the narrative.
Also, please think about the following discussion questions:
- Why might distributing 100,000 free t-shirts to poor communities overseas be a bad thing?
- How is helping someone not simply about resources, but rather relationships? Check out this video as you consider.
- Consider what the difference is between relief, rehabilitation and development as described in this video.
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.