In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in our Study of 1 Samuel how God’s honor is most important and how God will fulfill His word, even if it means the humbling of His people and the temporary celebration of His enemies.
- The Lord will judge and the Lord will provide for His people by fulfilling His word.
- The Lord will allow temporary dishonor for maximum glory
- Based on God’s deliverance, His honor is to be our chief concern. cf. 1 Cor 10:31
1 Samuel Summary (cf. 1 Sam 2:3-10, 1 Sam 14:6-7)
There is a great summary video of 1 Samuel on Right Now Media please watch it before Sunday. You will need an account to watch it and other great resources. You can signup for a free account at the Faith Church webpage.
Continuation 2 Samuel 1:1-16.
In preparation for our lesson on Sunday please read the section listed above and observe what stands out to you in the narrative both from 1 Samuel and the first 16 verses of 2 Samuel.
Also, please think about the following discussion questions:
- What encouraged or challenged you the most from 1 Samuel?
- What are the best ways we can humble ourselves daily, and have a heart concern for God’s will to glorify Himself in and through us?
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.