In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in our Study of 1 Samuel that God relentlessly pursues us with His word, to get to our heart. That means we need to respond by recognizing our sin, and our great need for Him in all aspects of life.
- God’s word is at times uncomfortable, but we need it for heart change and to live freely.
- God will use the weak and sinful to glorify Himself.
- We are dependent on God for everything, big and small.
- The glory of deliverance belongs to the Lord and that should lead us to renew our allegiance to Him regularly, particularly how he has delivered in the past so that we will serve Him in the future.
1 Samuel 12:1-25 – The Trial of Israel
In preparation for our lesson on Sunday please read the section listed above and observe what stands out to you in the narrative. Note how Samuel talks about himself, the people and God, as well as the past and the future.
Also, please think about the following discussion questions.
- How do you see Samuel putting Israel on trial in the text? What Is Israel found guilty of? Do you see any of these patterns in your life?
- How do you see God’s grace magnified in chapter 12?
- In what way are Idols futile and empty?
- What do you see as the basis of assurance that Samuel gives to Israel? How does that direct our hearts to Christ?
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.