The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, May 31. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Gives Jericho to Israel
Passage: Joshua 6
Principle: Believers should be encouraged to obey God because He always does what He says.
Praise: “Great Is the Lord”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What happened when the people of Israel shouted?
- Why did God bring down the walls of Jericho in this way?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By remembering that difficult situations are opportunities for God to glorify Himself.
- By repenting and fleeing to Christ from God’s judgment.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Joshua 6.
Next Week: Joshua 7
Memory Verses: “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?” Jeremiah 32:27*
* Preschool verse in bold print