The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, May 17. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Rahab Shows Her Faith in God
Passage: Joshua 2
Principle: Believers must submit in faith and deed to the victorious God.
Praise: “God of Wonders”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did Rahab show her faith in God?
- Why was Israel encouraged by the spies’ report?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By encouraging others by telling them of God’s works.
- By remembering that a believer’s faith should be accompanied by deeds.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Joshua 2.
Next Week: Joshua 3:1–5:1
Memory Verses: “This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” John 17:3*
* Preschool verse in bold print