The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, May 10. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Calls Joshua to Be His Servant
Passage: Joshua 1:1–8
Principle: God requires believers to live as His servants.
Praise: “Make Me a Servant”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What did God command Joshua?
- What did God promise Joshua?
- How did God fulfill His promise to give Israel the Promised Land?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By being strong and courageous in serving God.
- By memorizing and meditating on God’s Word.
This Week: As a family, read Joshua 1:1–8.
Next Week: Joshua 2
Memory Verses: “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9*
* Preschool verse in bold print