The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, April5. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The Son of Man Is Resurrected
Passage: Luke 23:50–24:43
Principle: Believers should tell unbelievers about Christ’s resurrection.
Praise: “Christ the Lord Is Risen Today”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did the resurrection have to happen?
- What instructions did Jesus give the disciples before returning to heaven?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By believing that Christ’s resurrection is their only hope for salvation.
- By telling others that forgiveness of sin comes through repentance and faith in Jesus.
This Week: As a family, read Luke 23:50–24:43.
Next Week: Numbers 22–24
Memory Verses: “Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here but is risen!” Luke 24:5b-6a*
* Preschool verse in bold print