The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, April 12. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Blesses Israel through Balaam
Passage: Numbers 22–24
Principle: God is sovereign and keeps His promises.
Praise: “In My Life, Lord, Be Glorified”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did Balak want Balaam to curse Israel?
- What did God tell Balaam?
- What did God allow Balaam’s donkey to do?
- What did God allow Balaam to do to Israel?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By serving and obeying God in everything he does.
- By checking his motives to be sure they are for God’s glory
- By remembering that God’s blessing is unchangeable.
This Week: As a family, read Numbers 22–24.
Next Week: Deuteronomy 4
Memory Verses: “For His merciful kindness is great toward us, and the truth of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!” Psalm 117:2*
* Preschool verse in bold print