The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, July 22. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Promises Blessings or Cursings
Passage: Deuteronomy 11:8–17; 28:20
Principle: God blesses obedience and punishes disobedience.
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What did Israel have to do to receive God’s blessing?
- What would happen if Israel disobeyed God?
- How did God promise to bless or curse Israel?
- How can you be obedient to God?
- Are there consequences for disobedience today?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By demonstrating his love for God through obedience to His Word.
- By remembering God’s blessings and mercies.
- By memorizing God’s Word.
- By honoring God in all he does.
This Week: As a family, read Deuteronomy 11:8–17 and 28:20.
Next Week: Joshua 1:1–8
Memory Verse: Deuteronomy 11:26–28a
“Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse: the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the LORD your God…and the curse, if you do not obey.”