The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, July 15. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Calls Israel to Love through Obedience
Passage: Deuteronomy 6:4–9
Principle: God calls us to meditate on and obey His Word.
Praise: “I Love You, Lord”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How was Israel to love God?
- What were parents to teach their children?
- How can we apply God’s Word to our lives?
- Should anything be more important to us than God?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By memorizing Scripture to mediate on throughout the day.
- By applying the truth of God’s Word to his life today.
- By checking his heart to make sure nothing has taken God’s place.
This Week: As a family, read Deuteronomy 6:4–9.
Next Week: Deuteronomy 11:8–17 and 28:20.
Memory Verse: Deuteronomy 6:4–5
“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one! You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.”