The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, July 8. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Requires Obedience
Passage: Deuteronomy 4
Principle: God requires obedience from His people.
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What did Moses command the people of Israel?
- How is God glorified through obedience?
- How was Israel different from other nations?
- What would other nations think when they saw Israel obeying God?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By obeying God’s commands to bring Him glory.
- By demonstrating God’s uniqueness in how he treats others.
- By thanking God for giving laws to guide our lives
This Week: As a family, read Deuteronomy 4.
Next Week: Deuteronomy 6:4–9
Memory Verse: Deuteronomy 4:1
“Now, O Israel, listen to the statutes and the judgments which I teach you to observe, that you may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers is giving you.”